Inline HTML

Immigration LawyerImmigration Lawyer

Contact Us

lead counsel rated attorney
Read more


One Renaissance Tower, Two North Central Avenue, Suite 1800, PHOENIX, ARIZONA 85004

Texas Office : (281)-674-7658
10777 Westheimer Road, Suite 1100 Houston, Texas 77042

Vietnam Office:
Floor 8, Le Meridien Building 3C Ton Duc Thang Street District 1, Ho Chi Minh City

Foreign Spouses Planning to Enter the U.S.

Every year, thousands of American Citizens marry foreigners and then their foreign spouses apply for their permanent resident status in the United States. The way to obtain a green card for your foreign spouse depends on where you were married.

Either inside or outside of the United States. Every situation is different and the U.S immigration law will require that both the American and the foreign spouse complies with the rules and regulations.

Foreign Spouses Planning to Enter the U.S.

Visa Categories for Spouses

The K nonimmigrant visa, also known as a Hybrid Visa, permits a fiancée or spouse of an American citizen to enter the United States of America and adjust their status to permanent residence. If you plan to marry outside or within the U.S. it is recommended you apply for a K-1 or K-3 nonimmigrant visa category.

Continue reading

Overstaying on your Visa can have Serious Sanctions

The United States Immigration Law does not take overstaying your visa lightly. United States Immigration rules and regulations are strict, and many fail to comply and wind up in a whirlwind of immigration problems.

Overstaying on your Visa can have Serious Sanctions

Prior to the 1996 Reform that was orchestrated to protect people overstaying their time the U.S., there was no harsh penalties, even though many faced deportation.

Those who overstayed a visa were still able to obtain immigration welfare like, receiving an adjustment of status after paying a civil penalty fee, applying for Asylum, cancellation of deportation, departure and reentering the country was optional.

Continue reading

Obtaining Official Proof of U.S. Citizenship

Obtaining Official ProofYou have now become an American citizen and you are looking forward to obtaining proof of your U.S. Citizenship. If you were born in the United States of America, the birth certificate given to your parents by the hospital is not considered the authorized documentation that deems a person an U.S. citizen. The actual proof is in the birth certificate issued by the state government, this is the accredited proof of your citizenship, and remains on the government records.

A naturalization certificate, is what a Foreign National will receive in place of a birth certificate, for evidence of U.S. citizenship. Once you have obtained your US citizenship by birth in or out of the country or through your parents it is recommended to apply for a U.S. passport or certificate of citizenship.

Continue reading

A Voice for the Undocumented

Every immigrant group that has entered the United States of America without inspection has had their fair share of ups and downs with the U.S. immigration system. Many undocumented people feel voiceless and confined to certain limitations.

A Voice for the UndocumentedTheir greatest fear is voicing their needs, because they run the risk of being caught and facing deportation. Suffering in silence and living in fear is not good for any human being, every person deserves a second chance at life and better opportunities.

The Journey of a Brave Man

At the end of a long day, after managing his parents, Deli, in Brooklyn, New York, Jong-Min You, spends countless hours studying law texts in hopes of fulfilling his lifelong dream; to live legally in America. So far his dream has been deferred by the US government.

Continue reading

Five Facts Regarding Unlawful Immigration to the United States of America

Five Facts Regarding Unlawful Immigration to the United States of AmericaThe figures of undocumented immigrants residing in the U.S. has declined in previous years after decades of swift development. Reason for this stabilization is the changes made in the countries they were born and the states where they reside in.

The declaration made by President Obama’s executive action on immigration, on November 20, 2014, would have provided deportation relief to half of the undocumented community; however, it was put on pause due to a lawsuit, which ended these administrative orders.

This decision-making on immigration was a historic move, Obama’s previous action was a major relief from deportation granted to illegals since 1986, when Congress effectuated a law that permitted 2.7 million undocumented foreigners to receive a green card.

Continue reading

Unlawfully Re-entering the United States of America

Unlawfully Re-entering the United States of America Residing in America for more than 180 days and re-entering after having faced deportation and denied admission can make your immigration situation very difficult.

This is considered to be a federal crime and it comes with serious consequences.

One way to amend such a situation is by obtaining special authorization for readmission into the country, however this is difficult to receive.

If this is something you are facing it is recommended that you don’t take your immigration journey along, be sure to  retain an expert immigration attorney.

Sanctions for Unauthorized Reentry

Continue reading

Extensions on Temporary Protected Status for Haitians

Extensions on Temporary Protected StatusThe Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, Jeh Johnson, announced a new immigration policy that will come into effect January 23, 2016, and last until July 22, 2017.

This new policy will allow Haitian Immigrants to receive another 18 month extension for their Temporary Protected Status.

Directions have been given to existing recipients who may seek to lengthen their TPS. The USCIS encouraged holders of a TPS to re-register during a 60 day timeframe that extends from August 25, 2015 to October 26, 2015. No applications were accepted before August 25, 2015.

Continue reading

Bush vs Trump a Spotlight on Future U.S. Immigration Plans

In most recent news by the Associated Press, the competition between future presidential candidates became more heated as they each revealed their plans for Immigration Reform.

Bush vs Trump a Spotlight on FutureRepublican presidential candidate Jeb Bush discredited Donald Trump’s immigration proposal as illogical and high-priced, all of which Bush stated in Spanish during his visit to the Mexican border.

Donald Trump, one of the country’s most dominant prospective presidential candidates, has suggested erecting a gigantic border fence and removing the approximated 11 million immigrants who are unlawfully residing in the United States of America before allowing the “good natured ones” and “multitalented” ones back in.

Continue reading

Since August 31st 2015 The U.S. L-1B Visa Memorandum has Been Active

The L-1B is a non-immigrant visa category for “Specialized Knowledge Staff.” Specialized knowledge is defined as the advanced special information obtained through education or experience that can be used as a skill by an individual for a certain organization.

L-1B VisaSuch specialized knowledge is not limited to teachers in elementary or secondary institutions, colleges, or other academies, engineers, lawyers, architects, surgeons, and physicians.

An individual possessing such specialized knowledge must be an expertise or competently skilled to meet his or her employer’s demands.

This means that people with only a general knowledge or those experts that are not versatile enough to produce a number of products or render services, may not qualify for an L-1B Visa.

Continue reading