Inline HTML

Immigration LawyerImmigration Lawyer

Contact Us

lead counsel rated attorney
Read more


One Renaissance Tower, Two North Central Avenue, Suite 1800, PHOENIX, ARIZONA 85004

Texas Office : (281)-674-7658
10777 Westheimer Road, Suite 1100 Houston, Texas 77042

Vietnam Office:
Floor 8, Le Meridien Building 3C Ton Duc Thang Street District 1, Ho Chi Minh City

Family Based Immigration for Spouses, Minor Unmarried Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Lawful Permanent Residents

Family Based Immigration Attorney in Honolulu, HawaiiThis category is for spouses and minor unmarried children (under 21 years of age) of lawful permanent residents or otherwise known as the “F2A” category. This category also allows unmarried sons and daughters (over age 21) of lawful permanent residents (known as the “F2B” category) to apply for permanent residency. There are 114,200 annual visas assigned to this category plus any unused visa by the first preference category. There is a waiting list for this category because of this limit. The F2A family preference currently has a waiting time of 2 years from most countries including the Philippines, Mexico, Dominican Republic, China, and India. The F2B family preference currently has a waiting time of eight years from most countries including China and India. Those from the Philippines have approximately an eleven year wait while nationals of Mexico must wait approximately 20 years.

There are two steps for this application process.

The lawful permanent resident must petition for his or her spouse and minor unmarried children (under 21 years of age) (the F2A category) and/or unmarried sons and daughters (over age 21) (the F2B category). Upon filing Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative (signed with proper fee), along with evidence of lawful permanent residency status, birth/marriage certificates evidencing the applicable relationship, a priority date will be obtained. Once the priority date has been reached, informing that a visa is available for this category, foreign national, together with their immediate family, may proceed through consular processing abroad at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

To find out more about the procedural steps involved and an estimate of fees, call or email us today for your free in-depth consultation!